Thursday

Willow Tree Collectables - Quietly

People buy Willow tree collectables for many different reasons. Some folks buy them for themselves, because they are avid collectors, and they just have to have the latest release, others buy them as gifts for family, friends, or loved-ones as a way of marking a significant life event, and there are some people who buy them simply because the figure's neutral colouring matches the décor in their homes.

Whatever reason you choose to buy Willow Tree figurines (I'm guessing that as you are here that you collect them), you'll know that each one is lovingly created, from the smallest figures, like Willow Tree Congratulations right through to the larger pieces such as Willow Tree Quietly.

I want to look at Willow Tree Quietly today because it has a special meaning to me. Not only was this Willow Tree figure one of the first Willow Tree figures I ever owned, but it was bought for me at a particularly emotional time in my life when the sentiment ' Quietly encircled by love' seemed to epitomize my situation perfectly.

Quietly is one of the larger pieces in the Willow Tree range, although it's not one of the tallest, it stands just over 5 inches high and features a scene of a mother sat with her two young children (at least that's what I see anyhow). Even though the faces lack any expression, you can just sense the huge feeling of love that bonds the mother and her children.

The way the mother's arms encircle the children, the way the eldest child is snuggled in close and the way the baby reaches up to touch the mother, all emphasise the closeness of this special family unit.

To me, Quietly will always be a special piece, something I will cherish forever - and as I keep adding to my collection of Willow Tree collectables as new figurines become available, I will be very surprised if another figurine ever overtakes it as my number one favourite figure.

Willow Tree Quietly

Height - 13cm / 5 inches

Ref - 26100

Sentiment - 'Quietly encircled by love'